- RunnersWorld Tulsa Speed Development Program
Many runner's are not sure if they should incorporate speed or hill sessions into their weekly training. Here are a couple questions to ask yourself:
Have your race finish times plateaued? During a race or training run, is the "wall" extremely tough to push through? Do you want faster finish times?
If you answered Yes to any or all of these questions, a guided training through some speedwork sessions might be the answer! The main goal of speed development workouts is to improve your running economy and efficiency. This type of workout trains the body to activate a greater percentage of muscle fibers while running. Your stride then becomes more explosive and you can generate more power without increasing effort. This increased power is what makes your stride more fluid and allows you to propel yourself farther with each stride, thus…making you faster!
Join us at RunnersWorld Tulsa, 39th & Peoria on Thursdays at 5:30pm, as Justin Walker will help lead speed development sessions designed to safely get you running faster and more efficiently.
Here are a few good points from McMillian Running:1. Short, fast repeats improve your running economy (the amount of oxygen consumed at a given pace), and improved running economy is very important in the marathon. Think of it as getting better gas mileage-you can go longer before running out of gas.
2. Short, fast repeats break the monotony of training. Often, marathon training starts to put runners in a pace rut. Fast repeats challenge you to turn your legs over and help avoid the "marathoner shuffle."
3. Short, fast repeats allow you to insert some volume of running at a pace that is significantly faster than marathon race pace. For example, one's goal marathon pace was 9:00 per mile so we were doing workouts at 8:00-8:15 per mile, which allowed 9:00 to feel easier. The same will hold for you, regardless of where your pace is.
- RunnersWorld Tulsa Half and Full Training Program
Join our 20-week training program that has helped 1000's of runners and walkers reach their marathon or half marathon goals. This training session race goal will be the OKC Marathon in April, you do not have to do the OKC Half or Full Marathon to train with us.
Registration Cost until December 17 is $35
Price Increase December 18 is $40
- Custom technical training shirt
- Experienced Run Leaders
- The most affordable training program in town
- Weekly motivational and informational emails from your Run Leader
- Planned and supported routes for your long runs on Saturdays
- Informational seminars about shoes, form, and injury prevention
- Support and motivation needed to keep you going
- Pace groups for both Full and Half groups. Faster than 9 min mile to Walkers
- There is a speed suited for every participant
- We accommodate all levels of runners from the first time marathon/half runner to those trying to qualify for Boston
Join us to complete your first or 100th half or full marathon! If you have questions please contact us email@example.com or 918-749-7557.
Register at RunnersWorld Tulsa at 39th & Peoria
Winter/Spring Training ScheduleHalf Marathon - Beginner
Half Marathon - Advanced
Marathon - Beginner
Marathon - Advance
Are you a beginner runner? Have you been walking and ready to start running or just need some motivation to start running again... Come join our Couch to 5K Program starting December 12 2016 to train for the St. Patrick's Day 5k
We will train Monday and Thursday evenings from RunnersWorld Tulsa and Saturday mornings we will move around.
Start Date: Training will start on December 12 Register online or stop by the store to register!
Training Walk/Runs: Monday and Thursday 5:30pm and Saturday mornings we move to different locations to break up the monotony.
Goal Race:St Patrick's Day 5k
Cost: $35 this does not include the registration for St. Patrick's Day 5k
Register: in person at RunnersWorld Tulsa 39th & Peoria
- 15 week training program
- Experienced Coaches to assist you in your training
- The most affordable training program in town
- Guided weekly runs from the store
- Technical training shirt
- Motivational emails
- Lots of fun!
Attend an Orientation meeting on December 6 at 5:30PM to learn more. Questions about Couch to 5k? Call the store 918-749-7557, come by the store - we'd love to chat with you! You can email Coach Kathy at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Couch to 5k Registration
We offer Free Weekly Group Runs from the Store
Monday: 5:30 P.M. (road) - at RunnersWorld Tulsa
Tuesday: (optional) 5:30 A.M. (road) - at RunnersWorld Tulsa
Thursday: 5:30 P.M. (road) - at RunnersWorld Tulsa
Saturday: Times and locations will vary
Sunday: (optional) 7:30 A.M. (trail) - at Turkey Mountain - times can vary depending on time of year
Come by the store - we'd love to chat with you!
Or contact coach Kathy at (918) 749-7557 or email: email@example.com
3920 S Peoria, Tulsa, OK 74105
Couch To 5k Training